Sunday, February 19, 2012

Alex bought this rocking chair from Pier One in 1970 to rock baby John in, and John later had it in his first bachelor pad apartment. The black paint started to wear off and flake, so 10 years ago, I thought, "Oh, I'll sand and repaint it by hand." A project that barely got off the ground, as evidenced by the partial sanding in the two "before pictures. That's how it has sat in my basement for 10 years. . .

With the warm weather today, I was inspired to tape and newspaper over the caning (which is in fabulous shape), and spray paint a pretty walnut color on top. The two "after" pictures make it hard to appreciate how adorable the chair looks now! We love it and can't wait to use it on the porch ASAP!

                                          New life to the old chair!




2 comments:

  1. I love it! I bought it to rock my baby and I'm so happy it has lived on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pier One would probably love its story and its longevity but not the fact that I spray-painted it! :)

      Delete